Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rain, rain go away! It seems that summer has ended here in Oslo. It has been on and off raining for the last couple days.
Yesterday I woke up late and went downtown Oslo to visit the National Gallery which houses "The Scream" and "Madonna" by Edvard Munch.





















I was hoping that a different version of his Madonna would be there. Last year in my art history class I studied his lithograph of the "Madonna". I found that version much more interesting. It is actually one of my very favorite works. I found out that the below version is in Chicago.


Although they were amazing there were also other artists that caught my eye as well, particularly Harald Sohlberg. I loved his paintings "Summer Night" and "Winter Night".


After spending a considerable amount of time at the gallery I headed over to the street markets where I picked up some fresh vegetables and sauces for dinner. It was crazy at the market. People were grabbing things like crazy, their baskets completely filled with produce. Inside the market the isle were so small barely one person could pass. The shelves were stuffed full of imported sauces and canned goods. I even found maple syrup! It was $10 for a very small bottle, so I had to pass.

Once home I made a quick dinner.


For the rest of the night I ended up on Skype with Ben, my mom, Katy and Ella. It was a good night.
I woke up to the sound of rain this morning, so my room mate and I stayed in bed quite late. We then decided to go for a run to a nearby lake she had heard of. Although it was drizzling it felt so amazing to get out and exercise. The lake is absolutely beautiful. it is very small compared to what we consider a lake back home, only 2 miles around.

For lunch I made my FAVORITE. Risengrot!!! With of course the help of my handy dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment